Monday, December 22, 2008

busy....busy...busy







My goodness I have been so busy..... Things have been a little crazy, but really good. My dad has been here for the last week and will be here through Christmas. We don't get to see him very often, so there is a lot to cram in while he is here.
He helped me get my bathroom faucets replaced... what a learning experience for me, but hey I can do it now!!! Thanks dad! Also a big thanks to my nephew Kyle who helped!! He also tore out some beams and the bathroom cabinet in the kids bathroom, so it is well on its way to looking better!!
Our Home Team group did a community service project last night, and wow was it eye opening. We had the kids collect blankets from around the neighborhood and took them to Downtown Dallas and passed them out to the homeless. We decided that most of our kids were old enough to help distribute the blanket, so they went also. It was a great opportunity for them to see, that not everyone lives like we do, and how blessed we truly are. I think it made an impact on them. I know it did on me. So I think we are going to do it again maybe after the first of the year!!!
I think I am almost finished shopping! Maybe have one more thing to buy!!
I am excited, this is the first year that I am off work on Christmas Eve (Daniell's birthday). The kids are out of school and probably have cabin fever right now because it is too cold to go outside and play!! It is crazy, stupid cold... On my way to work this morning it was 26 degrees!! Off to take my car to my dad so he can check the brakes and to the eye doctor. Have a great day!!!

No comments: