Thursday, November 6, 2008

Jury Duty!!!

Well I will start with the weekend. I had a great birthday. We had one baseball game Saturday and went out to eat with my hubby and kids. Halloween was fun, the kids had a great time. In bed a little early because, as you all know, there is nothing more important than a good night sleep before a big baseball tournament! (it didn't work...lol)
My sweet husband got me a really cute pink Garmin (GPS). I love it. I also got a really sweet key chain from my sister. It is like a charm key chain. She had a 'happy birthday', 'starbucks', and 'baseball' charm put in it. Very appropriate for me!
Monday started a long couple of days for me! I got jury duty. And got picked for the trial. It was a misdemeanor DWI. It took two days, the judge said that is not normal ~ should have been less! But the defense attorneys were terrible! It was a 6 panel jury. We all agreed he was guilty. The deliberation took about 10 minutes. I meet some nice people. The best part was we got to talk to the judge and the attorneys freely after it was all over. I do have to say I did learn alot, and even though it at times was a 'beating', it was very interesting. I am glad that I am excused for the next three years!
Daniell left this morning for somewhere ~ not sure where this time ~ He will not be back until Sunday :( We have a busy few days without him. Many places to be, and a few at the same time. Thanks to Kim and Eleanor I am able to get through the week.

1 comment:

Muffin Cup said...

I am glad we finally got to catch up! Being on Jury Duty seems like a job for grown ups....oh we are grown ups! I forgot to ask you, did you finish Twilight yet? Can you pass it to me?